18 May 2023
Library Safety and Security: A Holistic Approach
This session will present a holistic approach for creating safe environments, through strong community relationships, inclusive policies, and empowered staff.
- Venue: Webinar
- Time: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
19 April 2023
Proactive Planning for Library Staff Transitions
This webinar will introduce practical approaches to preserve organizational knowledge, clarify processes for current staff and trustees, and ease the learning curve for new employees.
- Venue: Webinar
- Time: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
22 March 2023
Creating a Restorative Library Culture
Learn about restorative justice and restorative practices, and how to build relationships that can help to address and repair harm done.
15 September 2022
Community-Led Planning for Equitable, Responsive Services
Learn about community-led planning strategies and how to apply them to create highly relevant, inclusive services for, and with, your community.
24 May 2022
Book Challenges and Intellectual Freedom: Proactive Planning for Public Libraries
This webinar explores ways for libraries to be proactive in developing and sharing policies and procedures around book challenges.
05 May 2022
We Can't Go It Alone: Community-Centered Collaborations during COVID-19
Representing a variety of cultural heritage institutions, presenters will share their experiences with partnerships and networks during the pandemic.
27 January 2022
Library Signage: Effective Crisis Communications
This session will looks recommended types of library signs and address aspects of library signage within crisis communications.
09 December 2021
The Myth of the Work/Life Balance for Small Library Directors
This webinar explores how to find balance between your personal and professional life, in service of yourself and your community.
28 September 2021
International Pandemic Perspectives: Problem-Solving in Times of Crisis
Library, archive, and museum colleagues from across the globe discuss the innovative changes they've made and will be continuing in their fields.
05 August 2021
Exploring the SOAR (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, Results) Model
Explore the SOAR model as a strategy for developing asset-oriented initiatives as a step toward developing a more community-centered library.
- Access & Equity
- Assessment, Evaluation & Planning
- Budgets & Funding
- Collections Management
- Create & Deliver Training
- Customer Service
- Friends, Trustees & Volunteers
- Health Happens in Libraries
- Job Descriptions
- Legal Responsibilities & Ethics
- Manage Staff Development
- Managing Public Computers
- Partnerships & Collaboration
- Personal Growth & Development
- Public Libraries Respond to the Opioid Crisis with Their Communities
- REopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM): A COVID-19 Research Project
- Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Information Hub: A COVID-19 Research Project
- Rural Library Sustainability Program
- Space Planning
- Teaching Patrons
- Workforce Services
- Young Adults & Teens