Small But Mighty Library Management and Innovation
In this webinar, learn how the Millvale Community Library addresses their community's food desert, uses clean energy, offers a tool-lending library, and more.
This event has passed.
Innovating. Meeting community needs. Managing the daily business of running a library. It can feel as though there aren’t enough hours in the day to do it all. But there are powerful models like the Millvale Community Library which is acting as an agent of change in the community without sacrificing their core role as an information resource. This small but mighty library addresses their community’s food desert, uses clean energy, offers a tool-lending library, and more—while operating in a financially sustainable way. Learn how they do it, and how you can, too!
Presented by: Susan McClellan, Executive Director, Millvale Community Library (PA)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Millvale Community Library and Blog
- Tool Lending Library, with over 350 tools available to check out for a week at a time (see TribLive article on the new program)
- Information on VISTA volunteers
- Millvale EcoDistricts page
05 November 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Susan McClellan
12 August 2022
30 August 2022
15 September 2022
22 September 2022