Build Your Learning Culture: The Whole Organization Approach
In this webinar, explore how your library can create organizational learning structures that can help staff, in any position, embrace learning, as essential to their job.
This event has passed.
The most innovative workplaces embrace learning as an essential activity for their employees. Since libraries are dedicated learning places in our communities, it is crucial that we practice learning intentionally and internally. But where do we begin? Learning is not one-size-fits-all for individuals or for organizations. This webinar, for all library staff, from front line to administration, encourages a broad approach to creating organizational learning structures. Learn how libraries of all sizes can map learning strategies to highlight the most impactful opportunities for staff.
Presented by: Jami Carter, Director, Tooele City Library, Utah Library Association President, and creator of the Self-Directed Achievement Model.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Learning Opportunity Assessment (xls)
- On WebJunction:
- Resources for Learners
- Manage Staff Training
- Personal Growth and Development
- Organizational Management
- Competency Index for the Library Field, WebJunction
- Self Directed Achievement (Tooele City Library)
- Other WebJunction webinars to explore:
- Books, articles and other links
- Building an innovative learning organization : a framework to build a smarter workforce, adapt to change, and drive growth, by Russell Sarder
- The fifth discipline : the art and practice of the learning organization, by Peter Senge
- Managing transitions : making the most of change, by William Bridges
- Mindset: the new psychology of success, by Carol Dweck
- Explore more in this BrainPickings article, Fixed vs. Growth: The Two Basic Mindsets That Shape Our Lives
- VARK - a guide to learning styles
- Change the culture, change the game : the breakthrough strategy for energizing your organization and creating accountability for results, by Roger Connors and Tom Smith
- Learn or Die, by Edward Hess
- Breakthrough Problem Solving with Action Learning, by Michael Marquardt and Roland K Yeo
- Blog post about ROI and email: https://elegantlearning.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/keeping-roi-simple/
- Is Yours a Learning Organization? toolkit by David A. Garvin, Amy C. Edmondson, and Francesca Gino (Harvard)
- Infopeople's training series Building an Effective Learning Culture
- Shared in Chat
- ACRL Framework for Information Literacy
- Smarter faster better: the secrets of being productive in life and business, by Charles Duhigg
- Other library organizations focused on learning
24 August 2016
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
23 January 2019
13 February 2019