Incubate leadership @ your library
A webinar exploring ways to incubate leadership within your library organization and in the broader community to support collaborative and continuous learning.
This event has passed.
Effective leadership in a library community is not performed by any one person. Instead, it is a collective act of many players contributing their toolset of complementary and evolving skills. Leadership "incubates" best in an environment nurtured by collaborative and continuous learning; it often grows accidentally, sometimes unbeknownst to the leader-to-be. Through peer mentoring and other methods, explore ways to create a generative space that nourishes the infectious qualities of leadership. Develop a network of seasoned learners who will incubate leadership, both within your library and in support of the broader community, collaboratively building and leading a rich and fulfilling learning organization.
Presented by: Jennifer Peterson, Community Manager, OCLC WebJunction, Board Member ARSL, and 2011 LJ Mover & Shaker.
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Read webinar recap
- Participant Guide for this webinar (docx)
- Mentoring Resources collected on WebJunction:
- Postman, Neil and Weingartner, Charles. Teaching as a Subversive Activity
- Rutherford, LeAne H. “Taking Charge of Your Professional Life: A Special Librarian’s Guide to Greater Work Satisfaction.” Information Outlook 3(9)(September 1999): 17-22.
- Kram, Kathy E. and Isabella, Lynn A. “Mentoring Alternatives: The Role of Peer Relationships in Career Development.” Academy of Management Journal 28(1)(March 1985): 110-132.
- Senge, Peter. The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization. New York: Doubleday/Currency, 1990.
- On Learning Organizations:
- On Learner Biographies:
- Webinar: Best Small Library in America 2012, Independence, KS
- World Cafe model
- Makerspaces, Participatory Learning, and Libraries - Unquiet Librarian
- Bringing Maker-Style Garage Tinkering Into the Local Library - GOOD
- Makerspaces: A New Wave of Library Service - ALA TechSource webinar series
- Let's Get Together: An Unconference Primer by R. Toby Greenwalt
- Idea Informer
16 October 2012
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time [UTC -4]
22 May 2013
04 June 2013
12 June 2013
09 July 2013
17 July 2013