Amp Up Your Technology Training
A webinar on technology training for communities. Learn how OASIS Connections classes are helping communities build skills and confidence using computers, the Internet and today's technology.
This event has passed.
More Americans than ever are coming to their libraries to access the Internet and get help connecting with their families, the job market and online services. Many library visitors lack basic computer skills, or need to learn the essential technology skills to apply for and land a job. With continual technology change, libraries are challenged to provide quality, up-to-date curriculum for their communities.
OASIS Connections, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting successful aging through lifelong learning, healthy living and social engagement, has partnered with urban and rural libraries across the country to provide a cost-effective training solution that helps adults of all ages develop technology skills and confidence. Learn how different library systems have adopted the program to serve varying local needs.
- Amy VanDeVelde, National Program Manager OASIS Connections
- Mary Bush, Librarian Public Technology Training, Multnomah County Library
- Hayley St. John-Ayre, Administrative Coordinator, Broward County Library
- Read webinar recap, An Oasis in the Digital Divide
- OASIS Connections
- Videos of OASIS Connections Instructors at work
- Public Library Funding & Technology Access Study 2011-2012
- Multnomah County Library
- On WebJunction
- Also shared in chat:
04 June 2013
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
03 October 2023
11 October 2023
24 October 2023
28 November 2023
13 December 2023