Connecticut Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile, July 2011 - June 2012
This profile is based on data provided in the Connecticut Public Library Annual Report .
- Official Statistical Profile (Excel file, organized by library). PDF version.
- Addendum (Excel file, organized by town). Combines stats for towns with more than one library. PDF version.
Browse each worksheet by choosing the different tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Each worksheet has a filter/sort tool that allows users to choose specific libraries by any variable (including population and wealth) and then sort them by any variable. This is an important tool if you are trying to compare libraries that serve the same size and type of community. This online tutorial from last year can help show how.
Resources created using data from the Statistical Profile:
- Automatic Chart-Makers (create customized statistical charts for your library)
- Connecticut Libraries Fact Sheet
- Connecticut Public Library Statistics, By County, 1996 - 2012 (PDF)
- Foreign Language Collections in CT Public Libraries (PDF)
- Selected Library Statistics for All CT Public Libraries, 1996 - 2012
- Statewide Charts from the Statistical Profile (PDF)
If you have questions about the Profile, or want to find out ways to customize it for your library, please contact Tom Newman at 860-757-6573. Thank you.