Virtual is Here to Stay: Making Online Sessions Fun and Focused
Learn strategies to plan, design and host live online meetings or presentations that will energize, inform, and encourage your audience.
This event has passed.
Let’s face it – online meetings and events are here to stay. Whether it’s delivering online programming, facilitating staff meetings, or orchestrating an online conference, we are spending many hours online, trying to connect with others while staring at a screen. "Zoom fatigue" is real, but there are ways to mitigate it. Learn strategies to plan, design and host live online meetings or presentations that will energize, inform, and encourage your library audience to settle in, participate, and learn. Together, we’ll find that virtual can be fun and refreshing!
Presented by: Nancy Lensenmayer, Program Director, Education/Professional Dev, OCLC Member Relations; Betha Gutsche, WebJunction Programs Manager, OCLC; and Kathleen Gesinger, WebJunction Learning Community Manager, OCLC
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Online Training Resources
- Delivering Engaging Online Learning: The Three Ps of Preparation
- Delivering Engaging Online Learning: Enlivening the Virtual Environment
- Stanford researchers identify four causes for ‘Zoom fatigue’ and their simple fixes, Stanford News, February 2021
- Additional Learner Guide examples
- The Art of Gathering, by Priya Parker
- Zoom Virtual Backgrounds, a curated list
- Padlet with actions attendees will take to make virtual engagements more fun and focused. Here's a PDF version of the contributions to the Padlet.
10 November 2021
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Nancy Lensenmayer
Webinar presenter Betha Gutsche
Webinar presenter Kathleen Gesinger
15 February 2023
22 February 2023
22 March 2023