Growing Digital Equity Through Community Partnerships
In this webinar, learn strategies for building more digitally inclusive communities including Digital Navigators and collaborations with partners to circulate hotspots and laptops.
This event has passed.
As digital access becomes increasingly essential for participating in community life, libraries can play an important role in the digital equity and inclusion ecosystem. Hear about a variety of innovative services and partnerships that King County Library System (KCLS) has instituted for sustainable digital inclusion. These include launching a Digital Navigators service, circulating hotspots and laptops to partners to reach people experiencing homelessness, participating in a community-owned wireless network, and supporting telehealth. Learn to apply these ideas to overcome digital access barriers and meet the digital needs of your own communities.
Presented by: Dr. Audrey Barbakoff, EdD, MLIS, Community Engagement and Economic Development Manager, Library Outreach, Programs, and Services, King County Library System (WA)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Audrey Barbakoff
- Computer and Internet Help, KCLS
- Hot Spots Help Span the Digital Divide, KCLS
- National Digital Inclusion Alliance
- Digital Navigator Model
- Digital Navigators Toolkit (pdf)
- See also Urban Libraries Council Digital Navigator info
- Launching a Digital Navigators Program at the Library, Dr Barbakoff's Library 2.0 presentation
- Community Networks in Seattle: A Call to Action
- Making Telehealth More Accessible, about KCLS partnership with UW Medicine
- Shared in chat
- Telehealth at the Library (see community of practice)
- Seattle's Local Connectivity Lab
03 February 2022
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Audrey Barbakoff
07 July 2022
14 July 2022
12 August 2022
30 August 2022