Envisioning Future Library Experiences: Service Design Techniques for Responsive Libraries
The second in a two-part webinar series, this session will expand on design principles applied by case study libraries, who have been working with the design teams.
This event has passed.
Join us for part 2 of the webinar series with design experts from Margaret Sullivan Studio and Harmonic Design to pick-up techniques you can use to create meaningful future library services. After the first webinar, Who Are We Designing for and Why? Service Design Techniques for Responsive Libraries (recording available), the presenters met with three case study libraries: Altadena Library District, Pierce County Library System, and Prince George's County Memorial Library System. The case study participants will share how they took learned design techniques to brainstorm future services for their communities. The goal is to demonstrate concepts and relevant applications to help envision how you might improve your library’s capacity to bring joy, vibrancy, learning experiences, and innovative opportunities to the community!
The case study libraries are applying service design techniques to create meaningful outdoor experiences, and integrating service design into staffing models. Whether you are a library with a small, medium, or large staff, through this session, you will learn how collaboration, creativity, and innovation can be integrated into your daily operations.
Presented by: Matias Rey, Service Designer, Harmonic Design and Margaret Sullivan, Principal, Margaret Sullivan Studio
With case study library representatives: Jaime Prothro, Customer Experience Director, Pierce County Library System (WA); Margaret Hatanaka, Adult Services Librarian, Altadena Library District (CA); Zachary A. Jones, Library Associate II, Largo-Kettering Branch Library and Gidae Campbell, Library Associate II, Mount Rainier Library both in the Prince George's Memorial Library System (MD)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- Part 1 webinar, Who Are We Designing for and Why? Service Design Techniques for Responsive Libraries
- Harmonic Design and Margaret Sullivan Studio
- How a New Haven library is connecting residents to the city’s innovation economy, Margaret Sullivan, Brookings
- Libraries That Matter, Project for Public Spaces, and see also, Thinking Outside: Libraries and Placemaking in Pandemic Times, with new perspectives from Project for Public Spaces
- Design for Experience Workshop Toolkit (pdf), Margaret Sullivan Studio
- Journey Mapping Template (pdf)
- AEIOU Template (pdf)
- WebJunction's, Beyond the Survey –Basket of Discovery Tools (pdf) and Toolkit for Creating Smart Spaces
- Shared in chat, Anythink Libraries, One Kind Word Project
18 February 2021
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Margaret Sullivan
Webinar presenter Matias Rey