The Future Is Now: Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality in Public Libraries
This webinar will highlight how two Maryland libraries are building virtual and augmented reality programming.
Libraries have long been at the forefront of providing community access to new technologies. Virtual, augmented, and mixed reality (VR/AR/MR) are now finding a place in library programming and services, engaging with communities in truly innovative ways. Two Maryland libraries are building their programming with straightforward approaches to community discovery and local partnerships. Join us to hear creative ideas for how to get started using VR/AR/MR at your library, as well as practical tips about applications, equipment and potential uses to meet your community’s needs.
Presented by: Jen Bishop, Online Services & Emerging Technologies Supervisor, Carroll County Public Library; and Liz Sundermann-Zinger, Virtual and Media Services Manager, Baltimore County Public Library
- View Webinar Recording (Coming Soon)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- How Maryland Libraries Are Using Virtual and Augmented Reality (and How Your Library Can Too)
- The Union Mills: Early Industry Comes Alive – Learn more and try out the AR animations
- For those using the Collaborative Summer Library Program 2019 theme of Space, AR/VR is a great addition. Check out:
23 January 2019
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Jen Bishop
Webinar presenter Liz Sundermann-Zinger
23 January 2019
13 February 2019