Teen Programming: A Mover & Shaker's Recipe for Impact and Success
A webinar, hosted in collaboration with Library Journal, presented by 2016 Mover & Shaker, Courtney Saldana, on teen programming, from assessment to implementation.
This event has passed.
When "Change Agent" Courtney Saldana was featured as a 2016 Library Journal Mover & Shaker, we were treated to a sampling of her outstanding work with teens, and knew that all libraries could benefit from hearing more. Learn about her teen programming basics along with practical and actionable steps for doing a teen needs assessment, creating a teen space and hosting a teen book fest. Courtney will also introduce us to Skills for Teen Parenting (STeP), a program connecting teens with what they need to succeed as adults and parents: how to interview successfully, dress professionally, deal with conflict and time management, care for their child, postpone or prevent a second pregnancy, and more. Expanding from local success to state-wide implementation, the STeP program embodies a wonderful example of the replicable innovation brought to the field by Movers & Shakers.
This webinar is part of a series highlighting the work of recent LJ Movers & Shakers and is hosted in collaboration with Library Journal.
Presented by: Courtney Saldana, Youth Services Supervising Librarian, Ontario City Library (CA)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Courtney Saldana's feature: 2016 Library Journal Mover & Shaker
- Buzzfeed: Extremely Upsetting Facts About The Class Of 2017
- Ontario City Library
- Infopeople webinar: Take the Next STeP: The STeP (Skills for Teen Parents) Project
- About Teen Advisory Groups on YALSA wiki
- On WebJunction: Young Adults & Teens
- School Library Journal article, New Teen Spaces from Coast to Coast
- School Library Journal article, To Support Teen Parents, Libraries Build Trust and Unique Programs
- Other webinars in the Movers & Shakers webinar series:
- Shared in Chat:
04 October 2016
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Courtney Saldana
(Photo: Kelela Wakefield)
03 October 2023
11 October 2023
24 October 2023
28 November 2023
13 December 2023