Privacy Literacy at Your Library
A webinar about the Virtual Privacy Lab, a privacy literacy resource available to all, which helps library patrons feel safe and confident online.
Our offline lives are no longer separate from our online identities. Many people are unaware of how their information is being used, what they have control over, or how to have safe online interactions. San José Public Library's Virtual Privacy Lab has developed a seven-module customized learning experience for library patrons, in English, Spanish and Vietnamese. The modules guide users through topics such as social media and security, and provide personalized tips, links and resources that enable them to feel safe and confident online. This privacy literacy resource is available for everyone, so learn how you can utilize the online Virtual Privacy Lab with the populations you serve at your library.
Presented by: Erin Berman, Innovations Manager, San José Public Library (CA), and 2016 Library Journal Mover & Shaker
- View Webinar Recording (Coming Soon)
- View Recording (Coming Soon)
- View slides (pdf) (Coming Soon)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- 2016 Library Journal Movers & Shakers
- Erin Berman's 2016 Library Journal Mover & Shaker feature
- San José Public Library's Virtual Privacy Lab
- Other webinars in the Movers & Shakers series: