Library Signage: Effective Crisis Communications
This session will looks recommended types of library signs and address aspects of library signage within crisis communications.
This event has passed.
Good signage in the library helps to create clarity and build awareness, while bad signage can lead to frustration and confusion. Has your library had to implement COVID-related signage? Has there been a review of other temporary and permanent signage? This session looks at recommended types of library signs and address aspects of library signage within crisis communications. We also address how to conduct a signage audit, the importance of library branding and using templates, and internal communications as they relate to signage.
Presented by: Dr. Curtis Rogers, Founder of Curtis Rogers Consulting, conducts training and consulting for libraries on marketing and communications topics, and recently retired, after 27 years of service at the South Carolina State Library.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Curtis Rogers Consulting
- American Library Association Crisis Communication Information Resources & Tools (pdf)
- Library Marketing and Communications Conference
- Library of Michigan Media Kit, example
- IFLA, COVID-19 and the Global Library Field
- Canadian Urban Libraries Council, see Marketing & Communications Checklist in the Toolkit on the Recovery & Reimagined Public Library Services Post COVID-19
- CDC Communication Resources
- Pandemic Preparedness - Resources from ALA
- South Carolina State Library, Coronavirus & Public Libraries Resources: Communications Guide
- Communication and signage: REALM Resource Roundup
- The Accidental Library Marketer, by Kathy Dempsey
- The Customer-Focused Library: Re-Inventing the Public Library From the Outside-In, by Joseph R. Matthews
- The Library’s Crisis Communications Planner, by Jan Thenell
- Library Marketing and Communications, by Cordelia Anderson
- Library Signage and Wayfinding Design: Communicating Effectively with Your Users, by Mark Aaron Polger
- Additional resources shared in chat
- Style guide example from Sonoma County Library Graphic Services (pdf)
- Style example from Orange County Public Library (pdf)
- Collection of library style guide examples collected by the Reaching Across Illinois Library System
- ALA's national library symbol
27 January 2022
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Curtis Rogers
07 July 2022
14 July 2022
12 August 2022
30 August 2022