Hooray for Freedom! Part Two: Developing Policies in Support of Ethical Practice
Part two in a two-part series, this webinar explores library policies and procedures related to intellectual freedom, privacy, and confidentiality.
Building on part one, Hooray for Freedom! Privacy, Confidentiality, and Intellectual Freedom in the Library, this webinar will help you assess your library’s current policies and procedures within a legal context, and help you draft specific policy language. We’ll explore considerations for libraries of all sizes in order to codify the library profession’s values for our institutions.
In this webinar, learners will:
- Increase understanding of the language in, and policy implications for, the 1st and 4th Amendments.
- Learn how to translate legal opinion into policy considerations for libraries.
- Recognize how to avoid policy drafting traps by maintaining focus on mission and purpose.
Presented by: Margo Gustina, Deputy Director, Trustee Development, Southern Tier Library System (NY), 2018 Library Journal Mover & Shaker, and past-president of New York Library Association Rural Libraries Round Table; and Eli Guinnee, State Librarian, New Mexico State Library, co-founders of Hooray4.org.
Register now for Hooray for Freedom! Part One: Privacy, Confidentiality, and Intellectual Freedom in the Library, coming July 11.
- View Webinar Recording (Coming Soon)
- View slides (pdf) (Coming Soon)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning. (Coming Soon)
08 August 2019
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
11 July 2019
08 August 2019
27 August 2019