Hooray for Freedom! Part One: Privacy, Confidentiality, and Intellectual Freedom in the Library
Part one in a two-part series, this webinar explores intellectual freedom, privacy, and confidentiality in practical, actionable ways.
This event has passed.
Privacy, confidentiality, and intellectual freedom are core values of librarianship that are easy to agree with, but difficult to implement. Hooray for Freedom! will help you assess your professional practice, give you the legal and ethical context to support democracy in your library, and help you identify practical ways to implement improvements.
In this webinar, learners will:
- Gain familiarity with the legal undergirding of intellectual freedom in libraries.
- Recognize methods that help shrink the gap between ethics and practice for libraries of any size.
- Learn strategies to use in real-time situations related to the legal and ethical foundations of library practice.
Presented by: Margo Gustina, Special Projects Librarian, Rural Library Service and Social Wellbeing, Southern Tier Library System (NY), 2018 Library Journal Mover & Shaker, and past-president of New York Library Association Rural Libraries Round Table; and Eli Guinnee, State Librarian, New Mexico State Library, co-founders of Hooray4.org.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
15 February 2023
22 February 2023
22 March 2023