Digging into Assessment Data: Tips, Tricks, and Tools of the Trade
Part two of a three-part series on evaluating and sharing your library's impact, focused on exploring tools and methods for collecting and analyzing the data.
This event has passed.
You know what you want to know and how to ask the right questions. Now what? This session will delve into assessment tools and data collection methods—and how to choose the method that works best for you. You also will learn how to analyze your data and turn it into information your library can use. Don’t worry if using qualitative and quantitative data is new to you. You’ll gain the insight you need to use both with confidence.
This webinar is the second in a three-part series bringing together research and practice from across library sectors, covering the ins and outs of creating, and implementing assessments that provide insightful, actionable data.
Note: For those of you working through the assessment process, please come prepared to share in chat, the research questions you have drafted!
Presented by Linda Hofschire, PhD, Director, Library Research Service, Colorado State Library; and moderated and co-presented by Lynn Silipigni Connaway, PhD, Director of Library Trends and User Research, OCLC Research
Who should attend?
Public, academic, or research library staff who:
- have never worked with data before,
- have some experience but need a refresher, or
- would like to learn how to best leverage assessment data to benefit their library.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- Webinar Series Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning. Includes extensive resource section.
- Part 1, User-centered Assessment: Leveraging What You Know and Filling in the Gaps
- Part 3, Take Action: Using and Presenting Research Findings to Make Your Case
- Assessment, Evaluation & Planning, on WebJunction
- User Studies, on OCLC Research
- Research Methods in Library and Information Science (2017) by Lynn Sillipigni Connaway and Marie L Radford
- Data Culture Project a hands-on learning program designed to help organizations build capacity to work with data and to build a “data culture.” An initiative of DataBasic.io.
- Are You Ready to Dig into Assessment Data? a series update on WebJunction
- Rust never sleeps—not for rockers, not for libraries, a Next blog post by Lynn Connaway
- Advice from the Trenches: You’re Not Alone, a Hanging Together blog post by Lynn Sillipigni Connaway
- Webinar, Library Surveys for Success
14 August 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Linda Hofschire
Webinar presenter Lynn Silipigni Connaway
29 November 2018
18 December 2018
08 January 2019