Digging into Assessment Data: Tips, Tricks, and Tools of the Trade
Part two of a three-part series on evaluating and sharing your library's impact, focused on exploring tools and methods for collecting and analyzing the data.
You know what you want to know and how to ask the right questions. Now what? This session will delve into assessment tools and data collection methods—and how to choose the method that works best for you. You also will learn how to analyze your data and turn it into information your library can use. Don’t worry if using qualitative and quantitative data is new to you. You’ll gain the insight you need to use both with confidence.
This webinar is the second in a three-part series bringing together research and practice from across library sectors, covering the ins and outs of creating, and implementing assessments that provide insightful, actionable data.
Presented by Linda Hofschire, PhD, Director, Library Research Service, Colorado State Library; and moderated and co-presented by Lynn Silipigni Connaway, PhD, Senior Research Scientist and Director of User Research, OCLC Research
Who should attend?
Public, academic, or research library staff who:
- have never worked with data before,
- have some experience but need a refresher, or
- would like to learn how to best leverage assessment data to benefit their library.
- View Webinar Recording (Coming Soon)
- View slides (pdf) (Coming Soon)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- Webinar Series Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Part 1, User-centered Assessment: Leveraging What You Know and Filling in the Gaps
- Part 3, Take Action: Using and Presenting Research Findings to Make Your Case
- Assessment, Evaluation & Planning, on WebJunction
- User Studies, on OCLC Research
14 August 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Linda Hofschire
Webinar presenter Lynn Silipigni Connaway
24 May 2018
29 May 2018
12 June 2018
13 June 2018
14 August 2018
03 October 2018