Getting to the Heart of the Community Through Discovery
This webinar presents tools, methodologies and strategies that can be used to gather input and uncover the heart and aspirations of your community.
This event has passed.
Community discovery is a process of forging vital and ongoing connection between the library and its community members. The more people are involved in planning and programming, the more they are invested in the success of the library. While many libraries collect community input primarily through surveys, there are other, more interactive and interpersonal tools that can uncover the heart and aspirations of the community. Explore tools and strategies that start meaningful conversations and foster collaborative engagement on everything from strategic and space planning to programming. Learn how you can join your library and your community at the heart.
Presented by: Betha Gutsche, WebJunction Programs Manager, OCLC
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- New Tools for Getting Beyond the Survey to Discover Your Community Needs
- Basket of Discovery Tools (pdf)
- Interaction Design Foundation, Stage 1 in the Design Thinking Process: Empathise with Your Users
- Brainstorm Rules, IDEO.org
- Eleven Principles for Creating Great Community Places, Project for Public Spaces
- Design Thinking for Libraries
- WebJunction's Small Libraries Create Smart Spaces
11 June 2019
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Betha Gutsche
27 August 2019
12 September 2019
17 September 2019
17 October 2019
30 October 2019