The Impact of an Ice Cream Sundae
A webinar exploring how libraries and community organizations can become innovative partners and collaborators, mixing resources, programs, personnel or funding.
This event has passed.
What does an ice cream sundae have to do with library partnerships? Let’s pretend that your community organizations (school, academic, public and special libraries, and other local organizations) are your favorite kind of ice cream. Now let’s ladle your favorite toppings over the ice cream to represent the organizations’ resources, programs, personnel and funding. How can the ice cream “mix” with the toppings to be the most luscious dessert possible for the most people? When community organizations collaborate to share their resources with one another, they make the biggest possible impact on the most lives. Learn easy, understandable and powerful strategies that will give you renewed energy to create bold and imaginative collaborations among all types of community organizations.
Presented by: Kathy Jacobs, Director, Yankton (SD) Community Library.
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (You will be prompted to log in. Note: the title in the catalog is 'Building Collaboration on a Shoestring)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Partnerships & Collaboration on WebJunction including January feature article, A Widening Circle of Partnerships
- Money Smart Week
- United for Libraries Resources for Friends Groups
- Friends & Trustees on WebJunction
- Adult Programs on $0 Budget, WebJunction webinar
- For outreach and collaborations with Spanish-speakers, be sure to explore resources from the Spanish Language Outreach Program
15 January 2013
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
08 April 2015
21 April 2015
06 May 2015
27 May 2015