Remember Your Patrons Living with Memory Loss
Presenters will share simple ways to create more dementia-friendly libraries and provide examples of literacy activities and programs.
Research shows that many people living with dementia can still read and benefit from using a wide variety of library materials. Join this webinar to hear practical advice on choosing reading materials uniquely suited to each individual, following the tenets of person-centered care. Presenters will share simple ways to create more dementia-friendly libraries and provide examples of literacy activities and programs hosted at libraries and memory cafes around the world, including oral reading, browsing through books, singing, choral reading of poetry, and word games. Previously held misconceptions will dissolve when you see how libraries of all sizes can positively impact people living with dementia.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Library Services for Dementia/Alzheimer’s Interest Group.
- View Webinar Recording (Coming Soon)
- View slides (pdf) (Coming Soon)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning. (Coming Soon)
- Library Services for Dementia/Alzheimer’s Interest Group and Resources
- Older Adults & Seniors, resources on WebJunction