Break Free from Misinformation in an Escape Room
How can you use an escape room to help inform library patrons about misinformation? Watch this webinar to learn about new programming resources for your library!
This event has passed.
The Euphorigen Investigation is an escape room that immerses players in a world of manipulated media, social media bots, deepfakes and other forms of deception. Featuring both an online and in-person version to help patrons navigate misinformation, Euphorigen was designed by faculty, staff, and students at the University of Washington Information School in response to library staff requests for alternatives to traditional information literacy programs. In this webinar we’ll explore how the designers approach teaching about misinformation, learn how libraries are using the escape room with their patrons, and find out how to get started with the Euphorigen Investigation at your library.
Presented by: Dr. Jin Ha Lee, Associate Professor, University of Washington Information School; Chris Coward, Senior Principal Research Scientist, University of Washington Information School; and Tracy Ashby, Programming Supervisor, Central Branch, Calcasieu Public Library, Lake Charles, LA
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- The Euphorigen Investigation: Backgrounder
- Loki’s Loop Escape Room, www.lokisloop.org. Learn more and sign up to become a game host!
- Learn more in a 4-minute video, Break Free from Misinformation in an Escape Room
- Univesity of Washington project website, Misinformation Escape Room
- Example of the Calcasieu Public Library event listing for their virtual escape room
14 June 2022
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Jin Ha Lee
Webinar presenter Chris Coward
Webinar presenter Tracy Ashby
12 August 2022
30 August 2022
15 September 2022
22 September 2022