From Facilities to Trauma: Disaster Planning and Community Resiliency at Your Library
This webinar will provide you with guidance on how to prepare your library to respond to the next disaster or crisis and to support community resiliency.
This event has passed.
Recent catastrophes have highlighted the important role public libraries play in enhancing their community’s resiliency and post-disaster recovery efforts. Many community leaders now view libraries as ad hoc disaster recovery centers and recognize librarians as Information First Responders. This presentation will help you and your library embrace this new role as Information First Responders, who quickly enable people to get back to work, back to their lives, and ensure recovery of the community’s economic life. Learn what you need to prepare before disaster strikes, guided by New Jersey State Library’s Disaster Preparedness & Community Resiliency Toolkit, which has been emergency-tested by libraries. Your library can be at the forefront in providing that safe haven in times of crisis and helping your community return to normal life.
Presented by: Michele Stricker, Deputy State Librarian for Lifelong Learning, New Jersey State Library
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf) (also in grayscale for optimal printing)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Disaster Preparedness & Community Resiliency Toolkit (New Jersey State Library)
- Pocket Response Plan™ PReP ™ Templates (Council of State Archivists)
- Alliance for Response
- Disaster Planning Template - doc (Indiana State Library)
- Introduction to Incident Command System (FEMA course)
- Community Emergency Response Team volunteer program (FEMA)
- Citizen Corp volunteer program (FEMA)
- About VOST (Virtual Operations Support Team)
- Ready.gov, Plan ahead for disasters and National Preparedness Month (September)
- Emergency Preparedness & Response (CDC)
- Shared in Chat:
- Team Rubicon, volunteer program
30 January 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Michele Stricker
29 January 2021
05 February 2021
18 February 2021
17 March 2021