Workforce Literacy: Supporting Job Seekers in Your Community
A webinar exploring ways libraries of all sizes can provide services and support for job seekers in their communities.
This event has passed.
As job seekers of all kinds continue to come to the library for resources and support, libraries continue to find new ways to respond to this essential community need. Workforce literacy impacts a variety of patrons, including ex-offenders reentering the workforce, small businesses looking to grow, young first time job seekers, military personnel and veterans, and older adults seeking new skills to stay in the workforce. Work SC brings a comprehensive, yet accessible, set of tools to South Carolina residents through the State Library, and Jason played no small part in making it happen. Find out how your library, large or small, can adapt these service models and partnerships to provide the resources and support your local community needs to thrive in today’s workforce.
Presented by: Jason Broughton, Outreach Coordinator, South Carolina State Library, and 2015 Library Journal Mover & Shaker
- View Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Read webinar recap
- Work SC
- Resources and Websites for Careers & Employment
- Workforce Services on WebJunction
- Project Compass Curriculum Workbook
- South Carolina State Library:
- Federal Workforce Development Resources
- SC Tech Jobs page
- Workforce Boot Camp Themes (pdf)
- Sample Boot Camp Ideas (pdf)
- Open Lab Suggestions (pdf)
- Ideas for Future Workforce Projects for Libraries (pdf)
- Indeed.com – Comprehensive aggregator job search website
- Snagajob.com – Hour employment website
- South Carolina Released Offenders Skills Search (there may be something like this in your state)
- USAJOBS Federal Student Employment
- CareerOneStop for Exoffenders – A national website with great resources and information.
- GCF Learn Free
- NJWorks Career Videos for Ex-Offenders Re-Entering Society
- Onestop Centers and Workforce Investment Boards
- There was a question Jason responded to after the webinar about services and resources for juvenile delinquents. Here are some resources to help:
06 May 2015
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
28 July 2020
06 August 2020