Tools for Reimagining School Readiness
The Reimagining School Readiness Toolkit provides free, online, research-based resources, created specifically for library staff, to help families prepare children ages 0 to 8 for success in school and in life.
Libraries play a vital role in preparing young children for school by providing interactive and playful programs in which children can develop social, emotional, math, science, and executive function skills and practices. Research has shown these skills to be important for later academic and lifelong success.
The Reimagining School Readiness Toolkit provides free, online, research-based resources, created specifically for library staff. These resources make it easy for you to enhance what you are already doing, with eye-catching tips, planning tools, program surveys, activity ideas, family conversation starters, social media posts, and more.
This webinar will introduce library staff to the background and components of the Toolkit, along with testimonials from practitioners about how they are reimagining school readiness in their own libraries. You’ll leave with ideas and strategies for supporting your families and communities.
- Michelle D. Weissman Randall, PhD, Head of Research and Evaluation, Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Julia Shaheen, Literacy Manager, Stark Library (OH)
- Kate Greene Smith, Youth Services & Special Projects Coordinator, Tennessee State Library & Archives
- View Webinar Recording (Coming Soon)
- View slides (pdf) (Coming Soon)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Reimagining School Readiness Toolkit
- Reimagining School Readiness - Overview of Key Findings (pdf)
- Promising Practices Booklet (pdf)
- Program Planning Sheet (pdf)
- Program Reflection Sheet (pdf)
- Time to Change the “Checklist”: A Toolkit for Reimagining School Readiness: This WebJunction article offers a brief introduction to the Toolkit.
05 December 2023
13 December 2023
04 January 2024
30 January 2024
27 February 2024