Supporting Connected Learning for Youth in Libraries with the ConnectedLib Toolkit
Join us to learn about connected learning programs and services for youth, and how the ConnectedLib Toolkit can help you build the skills you need to successfully implement them.
This event has passed.
The connected learning educational framework is an approach to creating learning experiences driven by teen interests and supported by their peer relationships. The ConnectedLib Toolkit is a free resource aimed at building library staff capacity to engage and promote connected learning and 21st century skills among today’s digital youth. The Toolkit was created by researchers at the University of Washington and University of Maryland in partnership with public libraries.
This session will introduce the connected learning framework, orient you to the Toolkit’s content and features, and discuss how it can be customized for your community’s needs. Learn more about connected learning and how you can use the Toolkit to create programming that engages teens in learning that aligns with their goals.
Presented by: Dr. Katie Davis, Associate Professor, University of Washington Information School, Adjunct Associate Professor, UW College of Education, and founding member and Co-Director, UW Digital Youth Lab; and Dr. Mega Subramaniam, Associate Professor, College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland, and founding member and Co-Director of the UMD Youth eXperience (YX) Lab
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- ConnectedLib Toolkit
- ConnectedLib project site
- White Paper: Connected libraries: Surveying the current landscape and charting a path to the future, by Mega Subramaniam, Ligaya Scaff, Saba Kawas, Kelly M. Hoffman, and Katie Davis
- What is Connected Learning? on Connected Learning Alliance
- Using Technology to Support Equity and Inclusion in Youth Library Programming: Current Practices and Future Opportunities, by Mega Subramaniam, Ligaya Scaff, Saba Kawas, Kelly M. Hoffman, and Katie Davis
- YALSA E-Course: ConnectedLib: Creating Learning Connections for Youth
- Make Do Share project and WebJunction webinar with the project team, Make, Do, Share: Build a STEM Learning Community
- Example of connected learning program shared in chat, Sew crafty: Youth learn sewing skills through library class
- Evaluating Your Connected Learning Programs and Spaces Video Series, from the Capturing Connected Learning in Libraries (CCLL) project
12 September 2019
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Katie Davis
13 December 2023
04 January 2024
30 January 2024
22 February 2024
27 February 2024