Proactive Advocacy and Communication for Library Trustees and Staff
This webinar explores communication tools and strategies for boards and library staff to be better prepared for unknown changes.
This event has passed.
Rally the troops, consolidate the message, and get it out there! These common and important steps are all part of the response when there’s a crisis challenging the library. But what can we do the rest of the time, before a crisis arises? Using both outward and inward facing tools, there are simple steps that boards and library staff can integrate into their communication processes, to be better prepared for unknown changes. Learn about these tools and how they can set the stage for dealing more effectively with any crisis your library faces in the future.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL).
Presented by: Lori Fisher, Assistant State Librarian / Administrator of Library Operations, New Hampshire State Library
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Association for Rural & Small Libraries
- Friends, Trustees & Volunteers on WebJunction
- Advocate Proactively, American Libraries Magazine, 1/23/17
- From Awareness to Funding, Voter Perceptions and Support of Public Libraries in 2018 (ALA, PLA and OCLC)
- Sample one-page Trustee calendar (pdf) from Baker Free Library, Bow, NH
- How to Tell a Library Story, ALA 6-minute video with Jamie LaRue
- How to Articulate Your Library's Impact and Get What You Need, Library Journal, 3/31/20
- For more resources related to assessing your organization’s outward/inward focus, and tools to help, visit The Harwood Institute
- How Teamwork Busts the Three Biggest Myths About Library Advocacy by Stephen Wyber
- Shared in chat
- Chester County Library System Annual Report, 2019
- Boone County Public Library annual reports, scroll down to bottom, under Reports to the Community
- Schaumburg Township District Library 2019-2020 Year in Review
13 January 2021
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Lori Fisher
19 October 2022
27 October 2022
15 November 2022
07 December 2022