Library Programming for Adults, From Start to Finish
This webinar will explore the life-cycle of a successful library adult program.
This event has passed.
Adult programming at your library can bring the community together in meaningful ways but finding the ideal program and attracting the right audience can be overwhelming. This webinar will teach you to plan events and programs from start to finish, including identifying potential partners, getting community input, and successful marketing. Learn how to deliver quality, budget-friendly programs that will bring in the crowds without reinventing the wheel. From choosing dates and times to selecting events that get results, you’ll hear practical tips on everything it takes to launch adult programs your community will love.
Presented by: Cara Romeo, Assistant Library Director/Community Services Librarian, K.O. Lee Aberdeen Public Library (SD)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Programming resources on WebJunction
- Programming Librarian
- Resources for poster design
- Find your state’s Humanities Council to learn about speakers' bureau opportunities
- K.O. Lee Aberdeen Public Library
- On Facebook
- Additional links shared in Chat
- Libraries = Strong Communities: Celebrate National Library Week April 7-13, 2019
- New Castle County Public Libraries - Meeting Room Policy
- WebJunction Programming topic area, including webinar, Beyond Book Groups: Fun Library Programs for Adult Readers
- Harry Potter Escape Room - How To document shared on Library Think Tank Facebook group
18 December 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Cara Romeo
15 April 2021
27 April 2021
04 May 2021
18 May 2021