Finding and Training Volunteer Technology Instructors
This webinar will provide strategies for recruiting, training and retaining skilled volunteers who can help increase digital literacy skills in small and rural communities.
This event has passed.
Small libraries are often challenged to find the staff, skills, or time needed to meet growing community needs and demands for digital literacy training. Volunteers can help you meet these needs! Learn strategies from two successful statewide projects eager to share tools and curricula to help get volunteers ready for technology training in your small or rural library. California’s Get Involved: Powered by Your Library provides libraries with tools to recruit, train and retain skilled volunteers. And Guiding Ohio Online has created curricula for volunteers to deliver digital literacy training through computer classes and one-on-one computer assistance in libraries of all sizes. Project staff will share their expertise and experience to help you build the program that is right for your community.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
Presented by: Carla Lehn, Library Development Services, California State Library; Mandy Knapp and Evan Struble, Library Consultants, State Library of Ohio
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- Teaching Patrons
- Association for Rural and Small Libraries
- Get Involved: Powered by Your Library
- VolunteerMatch.org and Training resources
- Free Volunteer Engagement Online Course from Transforming Life After 50
- New Book: Volunteer Engagement 2.0
- Volunteer Involvement in California Libraries: "Best Practices" (pdf) by Carla Campbell Lehn
- Guiding Ohio Online
- Patron Training Materials (lesson plans, presentations, handouts, tips, and activities for trainers)
- Guiding Ohio Online: Volunteer Technology Instructor Training (Resources on WebJunction, but also available on Guiding Ohio Online)
- Shared in Chat:
04 November 2015
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
17 July 2018
26 July 2018
14 August 2018
22 August 2018
03 October 2018