Building a Culture of Learning with Library Boards
In this webinar, presented in collaboration with the Association for Rural & Small Libraries, find out how to cultivate a culture of learning with your library trustees.
This event has passed.
Libraries that cultivate a culture of learning encourage their staff to participate in continuing education. But shouldn't this learning culture also extend to library boards? At the State Library of Iowa, we say yes! Trustees can and should play a key role in fostering a culture of learning at their libraries—beginning with themselves. When library boards embrace a learning culture, they become more receptive to supporting continuing education, in policy, planning, and budgeting. This webinar presents ideas for growing board learning into a blossoming culture that motivates board members to see education and training as a natural part of their trusteeship.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
Presented by: Bonnie McKewon, Consultant, State Library of Iowa, Northwest District
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Association for Rural & Small Libraries
- Webinar, Toward Tech Savvy Trustees, with Bonnie McKewon
- Resources for Trustee Learning
- Your State Library
- Your Regional Library System
- American Library Association
- Public Library Association
- United for Libraries
- Approaches for online learning with others
- Shared in Chat
- State Library of Iowa, Public Library Standards (pdf)
- Iowa Library Trustees Handbook and Library Board Assessments
- Boards That Make a Difference, by John Carver
- Expect More: Demanding Better Libraries For Today’s Complex World, by R. David Lankes
- Tennessee Public Library Trustee Resources including Trustee Certification Program
24 May 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Bonnie McKewon
18 September 2018
27 September 2018
03 October 2018
09 October 2018
29 November 2018