Beyond the Job Description: Ten Practical Tips for the New Rural Library Director
This webinar, presented in collaboration with ARSL, explores practical skills for new library directors serving a small or rural community.
This event has passed.
On paper, your job description as a library director may not cover some of the unique challenges and opportunities that come with serving a small or rural community. Juggling the nuances of a new position can be overwhelming, but equipped with a tool belt of everyday skills ranging from assessment to communication and outreach to time-management, you can move through your new role with confidence. This session will be useful for anyone interested in strengthening their role in the library, even if you aren’t a director. Come learn from a successful new director, 10 fresh tips for working with staff, boards, and the community to create a strong and vibrant library. Join us and bring your tips and ideas to help new directors succeed!
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
Presented by: Jennifer Pearson, Director, Marshall County Memorial Library (TN) and current board member, ARSL
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Association for Rural & Small Libraries
- Chris Rippel has shared a Dropbox document, Advice to New Librarians, that he collected from recent listserv responses.
- Joan Garry on non-profit leadership
- Shared in Chat:
11 August 2016
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
27 April 2021
04 May 2021
18 May 2021