Social Media Policy Examples
In fall 2017, WebJunction cohosted a series of webinars with TechSoup on social media in libraries. In conjunction with the series, library staff were asked in a survey, if social media policies were in place in their libraries. The most common response to the question was "No," but some libraries have social media guidelines for staff, a small percentage have guidelines for patrons, and around 1/6 of the respondents have guidelines for both staff and patrons.
The following policies were shared by survey respondents and can be used to guide policy development in other libraries. When you have a policy to share, let us know at [email protected].
Policies that cover how the library uses social media and guidance for patrons or others posting comments or messages to library social media sites
- Cherry Hill Public Library (NJ): Social Media Policy
- Florence County Library System (SC): Social Media Policy
- Goffstown Public Library (NH): Social Software Policy
- Maitland Public Library (FL): Social Media Policy
- Multnomah County Library (OR): Social Software Policy
- Pima County Public Library (AZ): Social Media Community Guidelines
- Portland Public Library (ME): Privacy Statement and Social Media Policy
- Prince William Public Libraries (VA): Social Media Guidelines
- Sno-Isle Libraries (WA): Social Media Public Comment & Posting Information