How Successful Libraries Thrive in Uncertain Times
This webinar explores the five characteristics that encourage positive results for library leaders in uncertain times, regardless of what the world throws their way.
This event has passed.
Have you noticed that some libraries manage to thrive even when times are tough and things are going against them? We would all love to know how to pave the way for future success in a world that seems to change by the hour. Successful libraries don’t have a crystal ball but they do share five characteristics that encourage positive results, regardless of what the world throws their way. Learn how to activate these characteristics in your library, including low cost/no cost tips that apply to any size of library or community. Give your library a new lease on life and revitalize excitement about your services.
Presented by: George Needham, Director, Delaware County District Library (OH)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View Slides (pdf)
- View Chat (xls)
- View Captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Aspen Institute Dialogue on Public Libraries (report and guide)
- Expect More: Demanding Better Libraries For Today’s Complex World by R. David Lankes
- Libraries Transform, ALA initiative and Libraries Transforming Communities, ALA with the Harwood Institute
- Candidate School, Topeka, Kansas
- Other links shared in chat:
- Community Partnership and Collaboration Guide compiled by WebJunction
- The Community Leader Interview Guide (pdf) from WebJunction's Spanish Language Outreach project
- Whatcom County Library system (WA) did a very creative staff "training" for readers' advisory --they turned it into a Bingo game!
- Beyond Book Groups: Fun Library Programs for Adult Readers (webinar recording)
- Library Research Service
- Columbus Metropolitan Library, Purpose. Vision. Strategy (pdf)
- Do any of you have libraries that serve as local passport agencies?
- IngramSpark Self-Publishing Calculators
- Choose Civility, a program at Howard County Library System
- More info on the 27-9-3 rule: http://www.powerprism.org/27-9-3-elevator-pitch.htm
- Halifax Public Library, Today I Bent a Rule
12 October 2016
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter George Needham
24 September 2020
22 October 2020
10 November 2020