Grantseeking for Libraries: Strategies and Tips
This webinar presents grantseeking strategies for success that can benefit libraries of all sizes.
This event has passed.
Grant funding provides libraries with the opportunity to offer programs and services to the community which may not fit into the library’s regular budget. If the process of evaluating opportunities and applying for a grant feels overwhelming, view this webinar to learn strategies for success that can benefit libraries of all sizes. We look at aspects of grant development including mission alignment, how to build organizational support, and submitting a strong application. Funders are often interested in a diverse set of applicants and communities to distribute their funding to, and this session will help you feel more confident and empowered to pursue these opportunities for your library.
Presented by: Kendra Morgan, Senior Program Manager, WebJunction; and Steph Harmon, Program Design and Development Manager, WebJunction
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
Related Resources and Links
- Budget and Funding resources on WebJunction
- The Small Community Advantage in Library Fundraising and webinar, Beyond Book Sales: Practical Ideas for Raising Funds for Your Library
- Webinar, Getting Unstuck: Help Your Board, Staff, and Town Talk about Library Funding
- From Candid (formerly Foundation Center) Visualizing Funding for Libraries, a data tool for all library types, to use to identify funding opportunities to support innovative projects and solutions for their communities.
- Self-paced course on WebJunction, Grantseeking for Libraries: Top 10 Practices for Foundation Funding
- WebJunction webinar, Visualizing (and Finding!) Funding for Libraries (2017)
- WebJunction webinar, Visualizing Funding for Libraries: You've Gathered the Data, Now What? (2018)
- Discover Community Needs and Interests, part of the Toolkit for Creating Smart Spaces
27 October 2022
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Kendra Morgan
Webinar presenter Steph Harmon
31 March 2023
Universal Design at Your Library
19 April 2023
Proactive Planning for Library Staff Transitions
18 May 2023