Getting Unstuck: Help Your Board, Staff, and Town Talk about Library Funding
A webinar hosted in collaboration with ARSL and EveryLibrary to grow skills for talking about library budgets with staff, boards, and other stakeholders in your community and to secure funding.
This event has passed.
Library leaders have been trained to "do more with less" for so long that it’s become a virtue. Though talking about budgets is a challenge, library staff need better funding to provide the public with needed services and expertise. If your budget is stuck, and your board, staff and stakeholders are having a hard time talking about new taxes or levies, this webinar can help. Please join us for real-world, practical, actionable advice on how to overcome local political problems, negative feelings, and unmotivated stakeholders, to move your library toward a more financially secure future.
Presented by: John Chrastka, Executive Director, EveryLibrary; Lee Hallberg, Executive Director, Mancos Public Library, CO; and James Ochsner, Director of Library Services, Sutter County Library, CA
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Association for Rural & Small Libraries
- action.everylibrary.org including Training Guides
- Build Your Political Literacy Skills for Advocacy, 2017 webinar
- From Awareness to Funding, OCLC, ALA and PLA (2018)
- Libraries 2016, Pew Research Center
- From Awareness to Funding (2008), OCLC
- Aspen Institute: Rising to the Challenge and Action Guide for Re-Envisioning Libraries
22 August 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter John Chrastka
Webinar presenter Lee Hallberg
Webinar presenter James Ochsner
25 April 2019
22 May 2019
11 June 2019