So Many Devices, So Little Time
This webinar shares practical guidance on how libraries can help patrons with a variety of mobile devices whether through formal training or one-on-one assistance.
This event has passed.
Our library patrons want help in learning how to use their mobile devices—such as an e-reader, smartphone, or new tablet--and it can feel like an insurmountable task to help them all. Join us for some practical guidance on how libraries can help patrons with a variety of gadgets. We’ll share tips for how to set up realistic formal training sessions and how to best offer one-on-one assistance. You will also gain examples of practical training outlines, how-to guides, and video tutorials.
Presented by: Jennifer Birnel, BTOP Technology Trainer, Montana State Library
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- E-Readers & Other Mobile Devices topic area on WebJunction, including:
- Shared in chat:
- Edge Benchmarks
- Goodwill Community Foundation training on devices www.gcflearnfree.org
- Huntsville-Madison County Public Library digital download resources http://guides.hmcpl.org/digitaldownloads
- St Paul Public Library guides for Overdrive and Cloud Library
- Athens County Public Libraries digital library resources
- Vernon Area Public Library support for eResources http://guides.vapld.info/content.php?pid=66684
- SEO Library Consortium - Digital Catalog and Download Center
- You can find manuals for the devices by googling Device Name Manual filetype:pdf
- Logitech HD Webcam C615
- Step-by-step with screen clips software, ScreenSteps http://www.bluemangolearning.com/screensteps/
- Southern California Digital Library
- ACPL made an iPad instructional video with teens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLASwp4EqPM
03 April 2013
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
17 October 2019
30 October 2019
07 November 2019