Library Reading Incentive Programs for Summer and Beyond
Archive and associated resources for the February 15, 2011, webinar with Carol Evrard, Jenny Sitzman, Janet Ingraham Dwyer and Melanie Lyttle on library reading initiatives for libraries.
This event has passed.
Join us for a showcase of reading initiatives that will draw readers of all ages to your library. Presenters will share how they plan, promote, and carry out successful summer reading programs, and will discuss year-round efforts that encourage and support lifelong readership in the community. Panelist Melanie A. Lyttle, head of public services at the Madison Public Library in Ohio, will describe her library's use of social media to support their summer reading program, including the famed "Crabby Librarian." Carol Evrard and Jenny Sitzman of Indiana's Spencer County Public Library will speak about their summer reading program; and Janet Ingraham Dwyer, library consultant at the State Library of Ohio, will talk about other successful reading programs in her state including Choose to Read Ohio, a statewide initiative which encourages Ohioans of all ages to read and enjoy books together.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- Spencer County Public Library
- Madison Public Library
- Crabby Librarian on Facebook
- Crabby Librarian Video produced in collaboration with Northeast Ohio Regional Library System
- Buckeye Children's Book Award
- Adult Winter Reading Program at Stow Munroe Falls Public Library
- Cincinnati Library, On the Same Page
- This City Reads.org
- ALA, One Book, One Community
- Center for the Book in the Library of Congress
- The Big Read, National Endowment for the Arts
Resources and links shared via chat:
- Collaborative Summer Library Program www.cslpreads.org/
- Library Bucks or Book Bucks: Readers (or volunteers) gain "bucks" that can be used to pay of fines, booksale purchases, printing on the internet or for purchasing items from Friends of the Library
- Youth Book Awards:
15 February 2011
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]