Continuum of Engagement: from passive to active, individual to community
Available for download as PDF.
- Learning Organization principles, Peter Senge
- Cultivating Communities of Practice: A Guide to Managing Knowledge by Wenger, McDermott, Synder
- Continuum inspired by “Participation Matrix” from Defense Acquisition University, Community of Practice (CoP) Implementation Guide https://acc.dau.mil/CommunityBrowser.aspx?id=170879
- Creating Passionate Users: How to build a user community http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2006/12/how_to_build_a_.html
- Digital Habitats: stewarding technology for communities, by Etienne Wenger, Nancy White, and John D. Smith http://technologyforcommunities.com
Jennifer Lee Peterson worked in many of the Pacific Northwest’s public libraries beginning in 1993 and interned at the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation while completing her MLIS at the University of Washington’s Information School. She is now Community Manager at WebJunction where she has worked since 2005. She has presented and facilitated sessions at national conferences including PLA, ALA, and ARSL. Jennifer is interested in exploring where learning, living and libraries intersect in any spaces.
Susan Conlon is the Teen Services Librarian at the Princeton Public Library. She received her MLS from SCILS, Rutgers University. Susan has presented at conferences and workshops including ALA and NJLA. She continues to develop original programs that are designed to build and benefit from community engagement, such as annual programs like the Princeton Student Film and Video Festival and Princeton Environmental Film Festival. Susan is particularly interested in library programs that connect creative technologies with public interaction to inspire new learning and perspectives for everyone involved.
This work is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License