REopening Archives, Libraries and Museums: Materials Testing and Resource Overview
Learn about the REALM testing process, research updates, and project resources.
This event has passed.
As libraries and museums around the country begin to resume operations and reopen to the public, the need for clear information to support the handling of core museum, library, and archival materials has become increasingly urgent. Through the REopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Project, OCLC, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and Battelle are conducting research on how long the COVID-19 virus survives on materials that are prevalent in libraries, archives, and museums. View this webinar to learn more about the testing process, how to present results to your stakeholders, project resources to inform your local decisions, and what you can expect from the project in the months to come.
- Sharon Streams, Director, WebJunction, OCLC
- Kendra Morgan, Senior Program Manager, WebJunction, OCLC
- Marvin D. Carr, Senior Advisor, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Thomas Mera, Project/Program Manager, Battelle
- Will Richter, Principal Research Scientist, Battelle
- View Webinar Recording via Webex
- View Webinar Recording (To receive a certificate for viewing the recording, you will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Information Hub
- Happening Now - Project Updates
- Sign up to receive project updates
- Project Steering Committee and Working Groups
- Test Set Results, Set 1 and Set 2
- Systematic Literature Review
- Public Libraries Preparing to Reopen: Examples from the Field
- Test Plan for the Natural Attenuation of SARS-CoV-2 as a Decontamination Approach
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), EPA
For outstanding questions from the webinar, we will be discussing with panelists and provide additional updates with answers.
04 August 2020
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Sharon Streams
Webinar presenter Kendra Morgan
Webinar presenter Marvin D. Carr
Webinar presenter Thomas Mera
Webinar presenter Will Richter