The Myth of the Work/Life Balance for Small Library Directors
This webinar explores how to find balance between your personal and professional life, in service of yourself and your community.
This event has passed.
Being the director of a small library means that you often can, and do, do it all! It can be a challenge to find the balance between your personal and professional life, but organization, planning and creativity can all help make time for what’s important to you. But so can flexing the muscles that allow us to let go of what we can’t control, manage expectations (including our own), and appreciate that ‘less than perfect’ can be the secret to a balanced life. Join us to explore ideas to better delegate, cross train, and collaborate, and how to live with a job done well-enough, in service of yourself and your community.
Presented by: Cindy Fesemyer, Principal and Founder, Fesemyer Consulting, LLC, teaches for UW-Madison iSchool Continuing Education, and Trustee for the Madison Public Library (WI)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Fesemyer Consulting, LLC
- Cindy's 2016 WebJunction webinar, Engaged Planning: Ask What You Can Do For Your Rural Community
- Mentioned in chat
- Strengths Finder - now called CliftonStrengths
- Recommended free wiki tool, PBworks, to host staff manuals and handbook content
09 December 2021
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Cindy Fesemyer
15 February 2023
22 February 2023
22 March 2023