Library Technology Planning for Today and Tomorrow
In this webinar, learn the steps for creating a successful technology plan for your library.
This event has passed.
Technology changes at a dizzying pace – so how do we plan for and implement these changes in libraries? A robust technology plan can help you create an environment that truly meets the needs of the community your library serves. The prospect of technology planning can seem overwhelming and time-consuming, especially in an already short-staffed library. This webinar will help libraries create a framework for their technology planning and introduce the tools and decisions that need to be incorporated into a working plan. Join us to learn how to successfully develop and implement a practical technology plan that can help move your library and community forward.
Presented by: Diana Silveira, librarian, president of Novare Library Services, and author of Library Technology Planning for Today and Tomorrow
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Library Technology Planning for Today and Tomorrow is available through Amazon and the Rowan & Littlefield Website (See 30% off discount information!)
- Sample template for a technology audit
- Library of Congress Plan – Goals and Objectives
- Free Foundation Center course in WebJunction catalog, Grantseeking for Libraries: Top 10 Practices for Foundation Funding
- Shared in Chat
- TechSoup for Libraries on Replacing and Upgrading Technology
- Prioritizing Accessibility and Disability Inclusion at Your Library
- Library Edge 2.0
- Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL) for goal/outcome measurement classes
- Spiceworks inventory tool
- Cell phone charging locker (so you don't keep losing cables)
- See chat for additional software and tool recommendations
27 August 2019
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Diana Silveria
08 April 2020
13 April 2020
29 April 2020