Build Your Political Literacy Skills for Advocacy
In this webinar, presented in collaboration with ARSL, learn how to successfully engage and activate library advocates to sustain funding.
This event has passed.
Advocacy efforts to sustain funding for your library are crucial in the best of times. Challenging times call for new ways to engage and activate advocates for your library. Level up your political savviness by taking lessons from successful campaigns. Whether or not you have a library ballot measure on the horizon, learn how to put these proven techniques to work for your library funding requests. Explore innovative options to energize, focus and build your skills and confidence. You’ll come away with actionable tips and tools to market your library to garner a wide base of support from your community constituents.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
Presented by: John Chrastka, Executive Director, EveryLibrary; and Carrie Andrew, Director, Lone Cone Library District, Norwood, CO (Service population: 2,000)
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Association for Rural & Small Libraries
- action.everylibrary.org including Training Guides
- Lone Cone Library
- Lone Cone Library 'Yes' on Facebook
- OCLC: From Awareness to Funding: A study of library support in America
25 April 2017
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Carrie Andrew
Webinar presenter John Chrastka
18 May 2021
03 June 2021
09 June 2021
08 July 2021
05 August 2021