Beyond Book Sales: Practical Ideas for Raising Funds for Your Library
This webinar, presented in collaboration with the Association for Rural & Small Libraries, will explore strategies for fundraising, for libraries of any size.
This event has passed.
It's time to take a fresh look at ideas for raising funds for your library. Although book sales have been a standard library fundraiser, they take a lot of time and effort, with dwindling returns on investment in recent years. Whether considering new types of events or tried-and-true activities, you’ll learn the "12 Must-Know Facts About Fundraising." Find out how to assess your library’s capacity for fundraising, enlist the right volunteers, engage the community, and create a sustainable plan to boost your library’s bottom line and raise visibility. With this strong foundation, libraries of any size can move into new directions to grow support for their libraries.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
Presented by: Sue Hall, Director of Library Strategies, a consulting group of The Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library, contributing columnist to Public Libraries and one of the authors of Beyond Book Sales: The Complete Guide to Raising Real Money for Your Library.
- View Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- Guide: Fundraising Development Plan (doc) or (pdf)
- Association for Rural and Small Libraries
- Library Strategies
- Beyond Book Sales: The Complete Guide to Raising Real Money for Your Library
- Wine and Words event from Friends of the Brainerd Public Library
- Additional links mentioned in Chat:
- Resources on Friends and Foundations from ALA's United for Libraries
- Library Grants Blog
- Telling the Library Story, webinar archive
- Authors Who Skype with Classes & Book Clubs (for free!)
- Signature Events for Small Libraries, webinar archive
- Little Elm's FOL Trivia Night
- More info on hosting a Non-Event from the Fundraising Coach
- How to make your nonevent uneventful from the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- A number of event ideas were shared in chat and collected in Beyond Book Sales Fundraising Event Examples
23 June 2015
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
22 October 2020
10 November 2020
19 November 2020