Originally presented December 2, 2010 as part of Serving the 21st Century Patron Online Conference.
And the winner.....Angie Manfredi. Outstanding performances by all!
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, slides, and chat) Make sure you open the chat...it's very funny!
- View the slides (pdf)
What is Battledecks?
Peter Bromberg provides a nice definition of Battledecks:
Battledecks is a fun improv exercise that challenges contestants to deliver a presentation on the fly using an unknown slidedeck containing random (and often hilarious) slides. The contestants are judged on their ability to create a coherent presentation that incorporates the slide content smoothly. Laughs and getting through all of the slides on time are a plus.
How it works:
- Each presenter will be given 5 minutes to present 12 slides.
- They have not seen the slide deck before today.
- Attendees will judge the presentations based on a set of criteria.
- You are encouraged to use chat during the presentations.
- There is a slide from one of the conference presentations in each of the decks!
Criteria for judging:
- Believability, humor, and integration with conference theme.
- Ease and presence in online conferencing tool, engaging the audience.
- Presentation flow with minimal pauses or stammering, and getting through all of the slides
This work is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License