REopening Archives, Libraries and Museums: Project Update and Community Reflections
A REALM project update on the latest research, new resources, and strategies being implemented in LAM institutions.
This event has passed.
Almost a year into the COVID-19 pandemic, libraries, archives and museums (LAMs) continue to adapt and respond. These institutions face the challenges of redesigning services to limit the spread of the virus while meeting community and staff needs amid uncertainty. Providing science-based information to support local decision making, the REopening Archives, Libraries and Museums (REALM) project is conducting research on how long the COVID-19 virus survives on materials that are prevalent in LAMs. With six rounds of lab testing and two scientific literature reviews completed, project team members will provide an update on the latest results, summarize what is known and unknown about the virus, and highlight free resources. Presenters will share strategies implemented at their institutions, and the project team will preview what is on the horizon for REALM, and for LAMs.
Presented by: Chris Cooper, Director of Library Services, Humboldt County Library (CA); Robin Foley, Director of Operations, The Buffalo History Museum (NY); Anna Musun-Miller, REALM Toolkit Editor, Museums, OCLC; and Kendra Morgan, Senior Program Manager, WebJunction.
- View Webinar Recording via Webex
- View Webinar Recording (To receive a certificate for viewing the recording, you will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Information Hub
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Managing uncertainty in the covid-19 era, British Medical Journal
- Buffalo History Museum Pandemic Aware Procedures (pdf)
- Shared in chat
- A.K. Smiley Public Library shared their sanitation process with the community via Instagram
- Worcester Public Library's Reopening Updates
- NEDCC resources including Disinfecting Books and Other Collections and on-demand webinars on disinfecting collections
- COVID-19: Cleaning and Disinfecting Historic Surfaces from Public Health England and Historic England
- Worthington Libraries "Library Goods" request form, for patrons to request resources hand picked by library staff for pick up
- Southeast Steuben County Library Book Bundle request form
- Worcester Public Library Book Bundles request forms
- Exaggerated risk of transmission of COVID-19 by fomites, the Lancet
29 January 2021
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Chris Cooper
Webinar presenter Robin Foley
Webinar presenter Anna Musun-Miller
Webinar presenter Kendra Morgan
13 December 2023
04 January 2024
30 January 2024
22 February 2024
27 February 2024