Enhancing Your Library's Web Presence with WordPress
This webinar will provide practical steps for creating, maintaining, and enhancing a WordPress website without technical expertise.
This event has passed.
WordPress makes it easy for libraries of any size or budget to have a user-friendly web presence. Whether your library's website needs to be refreshed or rebuilt, this webinar will provide practical steps for creating, maintaining, and enhancing your website without technical expertise. Learn how the right WordPress template and plugins can help you provide your community with an informative and nimble website, 24/7.
Presented by: Sara Wright, NE Regional Consultant, Colorado Library Consortium (most recently Director at Berthoud); and Elizabeth Lawrence, Library Assistant, aka Library Ninja, Berthoud Community Library District, Colorado
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (pdf) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
Related Resources and Links
- WebJunction December 2015 Poll Results: Library Websites
- Open Source Systems Power Library Websites
- Facebook group, WordPress and Librarians
- How-to Videos and other Wordpress training material from Colorado Libraries Online project.
- Start a revolution : stop acting like a library, by Ben Bizzle and Maria Flora
- WPbeginner – Online guide for Wordpress beginners
- Pixlr, GIMP – Free photo editing software programs similar to Photoshop
- Berthoud uses
- the Mantra WordPress Theme: https://wordpress.org/themes/mantra/
- iThemes Security: https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-wp-security/
- Shared in Chat
- webinar: Data Visualization for the Rest of Us: A Beginner's Guide
- ADA.gov (with info about Americans with Disabilities Act compliance)
- Charlotte Community Library (uses WordPress)
- Free Image Resources (collected on WebJunction)
- WPbeginner answers the question about testing features on your website using WAMP
- Selected Libraries using WordPress
- Difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Wordpress.org list of accessibility ready themes: https://wordpress.org/themes/tags/accessibility-ready/
- This plugin helps with contrast, font size increased: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-accessibility/
21 January 2016
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
31 March 2023
Universal Design at Your Library
19 April 2023
Proactive Planning for Library Staff Transitions
18 May 2023