That's Not What I Said!: Foundations of Interpersonal Communication
Archive and related resources for a webinar presented on June 19, 2012 by Melissa Powell exploring the different learning and communication styles, fears, insecurities and defense mechanisms that define interpersonal communication.
This event has passed.
Our personalities affect how we view and relate to the world. Each of us have different learning and communication styles, fears, insecurities and defense mechanisms. This presentation will provide you with the tools to recognize your own and others' differences and become more aware of how they affect your relationships with customers and co-workers.
Presented by: Melissa Powell, independent librarian, biblioease.com
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Webinar, Understanding Compassion Fatigue in Your Library
- Listen to Me Listen to You, Ann Kotzman & Mandy Kotzman
- Listen to Me Listen to You: A Step-by-Step Guide to Communications Skills Training, Mandy Kotzman
- How to Be a Help Instead of a Nuisance, Karen Wegela, PhD
- More on Myers-Briggs personality type indicator
19 June 2012
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]