Service Excellence in Challenging Times
This webinar will provide approaches to customer service skills especially relevant during times of community turmoil.
This event has passed.
In turbulent times, many Americans turn to their libraries. While this is a true affirmation of the value our country places on its libraries, it increases the responsibility for library staff to meet the public with the best customer service. During times of community turmoil, it is an extra challenge to convey patience, good humor, an accurate knowledge of your collections and services, and a willingness to serve. Learn how to ramp up your skills to maintain a safe, welcoming environment where everyone can visit, work, and play without feeling uncomfortable. Keep calm, confident and capable of guiding your community through difficult times.
Presented by: Pat Wagner, library trainer and consultant with 35+ years’ experience, and known for her practical programs.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Libraries and Workforce Development Video Series with Pat Wagner
- Find Pat at Siera
- Internal Customer Service
- Internal and External Customer Service
- From Siera, Resources for the Study and Practice of Ethics
- Aaron T. Beck, MD. Prisoners Of Hate: The Cognitive Basis of Anger, Hostility, and Violence
- Gavin De Becker. The Gift of Fear. Dealing with potential violence in the workplace.
- Dr. Karen Pryor. Don’t Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training. The importance of positive reinforcement in human relations.
- Claire Raines and Lara Ewing. The Art of Connecting: How to Overcome Differences, Build Rapport, and Communicate Effectively with Anyone
- Webinar and resources on Community-Led Libraries
- Mentioned in chat
- working with volunteers resources:
- On Human Libraries in 3 Ways Libraries Can Channel Understanding in Confusing Times
- WebJunction webinar and course Extreme Customer Service, Every Time
- Other WebJunction resources on Library Customer Service
11 January 2017
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Pat Wagner
17 August 2017
24 August 2017
12 September 2017
26 September 2017
12 October 2017