The Pursuit of Happiness…Through Libraries
In this webinar, explore the research linking happiness and success and learn ways to increase happiness in yourself and others.
This event has passed.
"The public library is a center of public happiness first…" John Cotton Dana, 1896.
Research points to how we can increase happiness and a sense of well-being in ourselves and others. Using interactive activities, participants will discover methods to improve joy, shift workplace culture, and offer programs for the public on happiness. You will walk away with a smile and a plan.
An encore presentation of the highest rated session from this year’s conference, this webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
Presented by: Sharon Morris, Colorado State Library.
BEFORE THE WEBINAR: Please watch the 12 minute TED video, The Happy Secret to Better Work, which will be discussed as part of the webinar.
Tweet: #wjwebinar and @RuralLibAssoc
Archive viewing options:
- View Archive (You will be prompted to login.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Happiness Journal and Handout (doc) Be sure to check out the full page of resources Sharon lists in this handout.
- Webinar Recap
- Association for Rural and Small Libraries
- The Happy Secret to Better Work, a TED talk by Shawn Achor
- Shared in Chat
- Super Soul Sunday: Oprah & Shawn Achor on the Secret of Happy People
- Read more: http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/Oprah-and-Shawn-Achor-on-the-Secret-of-Happy-People-Video#ixzz3UrmVp5kK
- Christine Carter at UC Berkeley Greater Good Science Center has a number of resources, including
- Nat Geo Brain Games to find how limited the brain is check out
- Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness
- Kent District Library in MI just wrapped up a 2 year Happiness Project initiative. Among many things, here's a list of books they shared to make you happy.
- Camp Happiness at PLA 2014
- Glen Carbon Library starts Happiness Project
19 March 2015
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
11 August 2016
24 August 2016