Measures that Matter Part Three: Moving Toward More Meaningful Measures
Part three in a three-part webinar series about Measures that Matter, a project from IMLS and COSLA, surveying the current state of public library data, assessing current strengths and weaknesses and formulating a plan for future action.
Circulation, visits, program attendance, patron satisfaction…these are some of the many measures commonly collected by public librarians. But how well do we understand what measures tell the most meaningful stories of today’s libraries? During the first two webinars in this series, we discussed the current state of the public library data landscape – what data collection efforts exist at the national level and how they impact what we know about libraries and their patrons. In this third webinar, we will look toward the future, considering what data public librarians should collect to demonstrate their impact. To do this, we will hear from speakers both within and outside of the library field who will provide multiple perspectives on meaningful measures.
This webinar is the third in a three-part series about the Institute of Museum and Library Services’ and the Chief Officers of State Library Agencies’ Measures that Matter initiative, a field-wide discussion of the current state of public library data.
Presented by: Chantal Stevens, Executive Director, Community Indicators Consortium; Rebecca Jones, Director, Branch & Neighborhood Services, Brampton Public Library; and Linda Hofschire, Director, Library Research Service, Colorado State Library
- View Webinar Recording (Coming Soon)
- View slides (pdf) (Coming Soon)
- View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
- View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning. (Coming Soon)
- More information on Measures that Matter
- Press Release, 10/7/16
- IMLS, COSLA Launch "Measures That Matter" Library Journal, 11/2/16
- MtM National Logic Model (pdf)
- Part 1 in this webinar series, Measures that Matter: A View into the Current Public Library Data Landscape
- Part 2, Measures that Matter Part Two: Detailing the Data-based Story of Public Libraries
- Upcoming ALA Annual Presentation
- Email distribution list to stay informed
- on Twitter
29 June 2017
19 July 2017
26 July 2017
17 August 2017
24 August 2017