The Social Library, Volume 9
We're excited to share Volume 9 of the Social Library, our weekly feature highlighting the great work of those libraries we follow on Facebook.
This week's discoveries include highlights from National Library Week, a variety of library programs, and recognition of library volunteers who help make it all happen.
- Mesa County Libraries in Grand Junction, Colorado is hosting a day-long Library Comic Con on May 2. The program includes "free comics, a comic swap, activities for all ages, workshops, presentations, a film screening, a costume contest, exhibitor hall, and more!"
- The Braswell Memorial Library in Rocky Mount, North Carolina is celebrating Money Smart Week with the programs on topics ranging from grant writing to estate planning.
- Many libraries used the #librarymade hashtag (best viewed on Twitter) during National Library week, including the Webster Public Library in New York, with this great post of Ray the patron with his own book!
- Other libraries also celebrated National Library Workers Day, including the Pinal County Library District in Arizona, with this fabulous album of library staff who serve the communities throughout the district.
- Prince William Public Libraries in Virginia recognized the more than 300 library volunteers who contribute nearly 35,000 hours of service to libraries in the system. The wonderful article and video also serves as a recruitment tool!
We look forward to seeking out next week's treasures from those we follow on Facebook. If you have innovative and impactful programs going on at your library that you'd like to showcase, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Facebook.
Thanks to all of this week's featured libraries for such outstanding service to your communities!