Social Library, Summer Reading Edition
Posts to library pages on Facebook are signaling the arrival of summer reading! In this special Summer Reading Edition of our Social Library series, we're excited to share five special awards to recognize the outstanding skills displayed in creating videos to promote summer reading programs. Our "completely made up and just for your entertainment" awards include: Best Soundtrack, Most Action-Packed, Cutest Canine Actors, Most Delicious, and Most Innovative Medium. These are all fantastic and sure to inspire and entertain!
- Altoona Public Library in Iowa wins the prize for best original soundtrack in their summer reading promotion video. The actors do a fantastic job packing in all the information about what's ahead, and you're sure to catch yourself tapping your toes to the beat!
- Alexandrian Public Library in Indiana wins the award for most action-packed for their summer reading video. The cast of young superheroes, the Dewey Decimators, combat Dr. Brain Drain, who wants to erase the brain cells of kids by keeping them from reading over the summer. "No one can defeat the power of books and reading!"
- Palatine Public Library in Illinois wins the prize for cutest canine actors. Their summer reading video features corgis April and Abbey, who patiently pose in a variety of STEAM settings, to promote the Reading by Design theme.
- Indianapolis Public Library in Indiana wins the award for most delicious summer reading video, for Read It & Eat, an exploration of the vibrant Indianapolis food scene!
- Mentor Public Library in Ohio wins the prize for most innovative medium in their Lego stop-motion animation video, promoting their summer reading program, Build a Better World.
Thank you to all these libraries for their great work, and if you'd like to see your library featured in future Social Library editions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook.